The heart of this topic came from a question like this: Do people really go straight to heaven when they die? If they do, then what’s the deal with people being resurrected at Christ’s rerun and meeting Him in the sky?
This is a fantastic question that largely originates in I Thessalonians 4:13-18 where Paul talks about those who are asleep in Christ Jesus, but will be resurrected at Christ’s return and will meet Him in the sky with faithful Christians alive at that time.
· What does it mean to be asleep?
· What will eventually happen to our bodies?
· Who goes to heaven first, the living or the dead?
· If we sleep and are resurrected, why do we always talk about going to be with Jesus?
· Heaven or hell, how is it decided where we go?
· What does judgement look like?
· Is the heaven that exists now, what heaven will be like after Christ’s return?
We dive into all of these and many other questions as we flesh this out.